SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with the placement of the child safety seat in the rear? We took it to the Fire Dept and they were not able to place it in the center. The explanation was that the center strap was to short. The issue is that they placed it behind the driver's seat and there just isn't any room for the driver.

If someone has been successful please let me know what type of seat you are using. I called my local Volvo dealer and they stated that no one else has called about this particular issue. Maybe I should just try another Fire Dept?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Britax Roundabout and I have placed it in the center with no problem. My only problem is the hump is a little narrow so the seat slides just a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the child seat rear facing or forward facing? A great resource for car seat info is the Car Seat board at http://www.parentsplace.com/messageboards/

They have links to a database (www.carseatdata.org) that shows which seats are compatible with certain cars. I checked it and they only had listings for a couple of S40s and S80s. Beware of going to the fire dept. I found that most fire depts. know squat about car seat installations. Your best bet is to contact a certified child safety tech who will check it. Or, go to your local Dodge dealer. They are offering free inspections (once a week, I believe) and the person doing them has been trained. You do not have to be a Dodge owner to take advantage of this.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, feel free to e-mail me. :)

Tanya

PS- We just ordered an S60. Before I ordered, I brought in my Britax Roundabout and placed it in the center and it fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts