SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Chicago Area R's

931 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EAX 
#1 ·
On June 22nd, Fox Valley Motor Cars has a track day at Autobahn Country Club. I should be attending (so far, so good) and there are a couple more slots left if anyone is interested.

Just thought I'd let some of you know. If you're interested, email Christopher Greco at promo@foxvalleymotorcars.com

#3 ·
Re: Chicago Area R's (JoeLvo)

Quote, originally posted by JoeLvo »
I wouldn't track my car, but I'd definitely check it out as a spectator. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

You should reconsider. I took mine to Infineon (Sears Point) a couple years ago for a two day high performance driving experience. It was amazing and the car did fine. I wouldn't do it every weekend but it sure was a memorable weekend. oclv

#4 ·
#5 ·
Re: Chicago Area R's (oclv)

Quote, originally posted by oclv »

You should reconsider. I took mine to Infineon (Sears Point) a couple years ago for a two day high performance driving experience. It was amazing and the car did fine. I wouldn't do it every weekend but it sure was a memorable weekend. oclv

My car isnt running right, that's why I'm skipping the track portion. Oh, that and my angle gear talks to the clutch in a very angry manner whenever the two need to cooperate. No way am I tracking my R. It's too fragile.

#7 ·
Re: Chicago Area R's (Rues R)

Quote, originally posted by Rues R »
So you're going to check it out as a spectator?

This is my first HPDE, so any advice from you guys that have tracked your R's in the past?

I'm hoping to. I have about 28 days of vacation I need to burn in the coming months, so, I dont see there being any issues with attending if all goes according to plan.

PM warpedcow, that guy tracks his R like, daily

#8 ·
Re: Chicago Area R's (Rues R)

I have tracked my car at the autobahn(full course). I was going to do it today again but my R was not in "trackable" condition. Thats what happens when you try to do everything at the last moment
- thinks go wrong and $250 go down the drain.
The autobahn is a high speed track and very heavy on brakes, of course if you drive your car on the edge.
Track brake pads like Porterfield R4 and high boiling point brake fluid like Motul RBF600 are must. If you try to get away with street pads you might end up getting out in the middle of the session to cool down your brakes. Your calipers might change their color to golden brown if you brake really hard(that is what happened to mine). They look nice though

Alslo you might get a message saying "DSTC temporary off" or something like that when your brakes get really hot. This is normal, don't freak out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.