SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I put my 2017 XC90 on the lift (why? because I can since I have one) and was doing an inspection. My car has roughly 37k miles. I noticed that there appears to be an unusual amount of rust. Maybe I will take a video of these if anyone is interested.

Anyway, here are two pics of the undercarriage right under the engine. The first pic is towards the front of the car. In this pic, is this rectangular plastic piece (right in the middle of the picture) out of place? Is this the way it's supposed to fit or is it supposed to be flush? In the second pic, is there a missing rectangular piece or a missing "T" piece to where I am pointing? The first 3 oil changes were done by the dealership and I'm always weary of them not installing parts back correctly. In one of my other cars, they didn't even put back the undercarriage piece... So yes, I am paranoid.

Has anyone done their own oil changes yet? I searched and it doesn't appear so.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Here's a link to the undercarriage video showing the rust spots:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2BHdM8y1tuKjx6WU9
Really nothing there.. The rust you refer to in the vid is on exhaust joints and cast-iron parts on the drive shaft- these parts are not rust-protected on any car and it's perfectly normal to see rust on them right after the first puddle..

Btw, the rear jacking point is the plastic block with a hole in the middle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts