SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say Volvo has been a bit behind with regard to their interior space. This car now has similar rear space to the Audi A4/BMW 3 series although it seems like it is also the same as the S80 back seat space. Guess that will have to do until they come out with the S90. The car is now a competitor for the other luxury compacts. I hope they make the move to keep this "stretched" car as the standard S60 going forward and do away with the "standard" version once they launch the S90 to keep it going until the replacement happens in 2018 or whenever they actually get a new SPA s60 on the market.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's almost hilarious how much bigger the A4 has gotten from the original (of which I owned two B5 A4s). One of the reasons I bought my S60 is because it is the largest car (that I liked) that fits in my (super small) garage! I don't want premium compacts to be midsized! 184 inches is borderline mid-sized already in my mind!

I moved from a Passat which was 184" long and the new one is 190+"....with enormous interior! Thankfully my kids are still small ;) and the wife has a van.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How was the build quality? It's my understanding that the Inscription is essentially the S60L from the chinese market.

Was a sunroof an option? Strangely, Volvo's build site doesn't explicitly list it as an option, but I figured it had to be included, or it was that fact that the S60L was equipped to "be driven in", rather than for a driver.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL! I hear you. I had the 2000 A4 and that car was a good size for me to cart some friends and family around back then. 10 years on life required some changes and a larger sedan was more comfortable. My current Optima hybrid has a lot of interior space but not much in the trunk, it's still useful but there are days when I miss the 2005 Subaru wagon and the nice trunk space. Today our wagons are being transformed into CUVs, after driving the XC90, I'm tempted to add that to my stable although I'm not carting around photo gear as I used to but I like having the extra space and still be able to carry around 3 other passengers comfortably. I like the V60/CC but would really love it if they did one with the same interior as the inscription and 4 extra inches to the cargo area. Yeah, that would probably be the same size as the XC/V70 but since they are doing away with it soon and the 90 series will be larger, why not move the 60 up in space and do the same for the 40.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
How was the build quality? It's my understanding that the Inscription is essentially the S60L from the chinese market.

Was a sunroof an option? Strangely, Volvo's build site doesn't explicitly list it as an option, but I figured it had to be included, or it was that fact that the S60L was equipped to "be driven in", rather than for a driver.
The build quality is equal to or better than those built in Sweden and Belgium; the Chengdu plant is state-of-the-art and the materials come straight from Europe.

Sunroof is standard with the S60 Inscription.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts