·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Oooo shiny I like

What is the added benefit of this over the stock waste gate ?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
looks like a higher boost potential according to their description. Also states they can build with an even stiffer spring. kmg, are you upgrading turbos, and that led you to this?

·
Registered
501 Posts
So browsing around for parts to make the R faster and I came across this. I know this was talked about between vendors but never saw anything firm until this.
Audi RS6? :)

We're getting close where performance sedans are becoming a standard 0-60 in 4 second range, 1/4 mile in low-mid 13 club. Some already in 3 seconds :(

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
So has this been officially released George?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Seems its released by Forge but in development according to their newsletter:

Here is a short list of products currently in development:

H&R Lowering Springs for many Volvo Models
Wastegate Actuator Upgrade for S60R/V70R models
Inconel Exhaust Valves for 5-cylinder Volvo Turbo Engines
S40/V50 and C30/C70 Turbo and Coolant Silicone Hose Kits
2013+ S60 R-Design Front Brake Conversion Kit (336mm)
Turbo Overboost Safety Valve for all Volvo Turbo Engines

What is the turbo overboost valve???

·
Registered
588 Posts
Audi RS6? :)

We're getting close where performance sedans are becoming a standard 0-60 in 4 second range, 1/4 mile in low-mid 13 club. Some already in 3 seconds :(
I think I saw the new M5 does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, absolutely astonishing in a 2+ ton RWD sedan. AWD cars can do it, but RWD is pretty respectable.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
So has this been officially released George?
Didn't think so. Forge was not making them with the correct length rod arms. We have a production ready prototype with the correct rod arm that we'll be showcasing at Swedish Car Day on Sunday.

·
Registered
501 Posts
George - at what point does this upgraded actuator become a "good" or reasonable investment? i.e. upgraded turbo? stock turbo on stage 2+ tune? etc...

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like a higher boost potential according to their description. Also states they can build with an even stiffer spring. kmg, are you upgrading turbos, and that led you to this?
I will be upgrading turbos. Looking at either a EFR 70/76 or a custom GTX3076R with internal gate

I'm glad that you're getting our newsletter Kyle! :)
Definately George! I always look for something from Viva on the latest happenings

Didn't think so. Forge was not making them with the correct length rod arms. We have a production ready prototype with the correct rod arm that we'll be showcasing at Swedish Car Day on Sunday.
Will definately be looking forward to that final approval George though for now I will be in the grandstands for members' reviews

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Any news if this is out yet?
No, it's not out yet. Frankly I'm not sure why they have already listed it on their website. They will be sending us a new WG rod to 100% confirm fitment on the two K24 variants before shipping us our first production run. You're still looking at 2-3 weeks away until we have units on the shelf and ready to ship.

The WG actuator pictured above is an early prototype fitted on the 04-05 style K24 turbo. The production ready prototype has a different WG rod. Our Forge WG's will be fitted with the proper rod style and length to be 100% compatible with both '04-05 and '06-07 K24 variants.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
No, it's not out yet. Frankly I'm not sure why they have already listed it on their website. They will be sending us a new WG rod to 100% confirm fitment on the two K24 variants before shipping us our first production run. You're still looking at 2-3 weeks away until we have units on the shelf and ready to ship.

The WG actuator pictured above is an early prototype fitted on the 04-05 style K24 turbo. The production ready prototype has a different WG rod. Our Forge WG's will be fitted with the proper rod style and length to be 100% compatible with both '04-05 and '06-07 K24 variants.
so it currently fits 04-05 :))))??????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts