SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned my brake rotors blue/purple/red/rainbow from so much heat today at autocross. The car brakes just as hard till the end, just a testament to Hawk HP+ pads and Volvo brakes

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
My motto is: R brakes: 13" rotors, 4 piston calipers, and a drum brake from a dumptruck... just for good measure. And, tap the pedal you stop... slam on the pedal and the car behind you starts to occupy the same space as you... Time to find some carbon ceramic rotors that will swap :rolleyes:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Well normally I would say time for some brake cooling ducts routed directly to the brakes but I don't know if there is enough speed involved in auto-X to make brake cooling ducts be worth it.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Well normally I would say time for some brake cooling ducts routed directly to the brakes but I don't know if there is enough speed involved in auto-X to make brake cooling ducts be worth it.
What's funny is our XC has brake cooling ducts but the R doesn't. Good job Volvo?

·
Registered
454 Posts
+1

·
Registered
454 Posts
Volvocross , I have a question for you: do you run KW coil-overs with Eibach springs?! I mean not with KW springs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Volvocross , I have a question for you: do you run KW coil-overs with Eibach springs?! I mean not with KW springs.
The fronts are run with eibach springs. 550 lbs/in spring rate. Night and day difference between the performance of the springs. The rears are run with KW springs until I machine a mount.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The fronts are run with eibach springs. 550 lbs/in spring rate. Night and day difference between the performance of the springs. The rears are run with KW springs until I machine a mount.

so ..you're saying that instead of to run on KW springs from the KW2 set (as I remember you installed the set) you're running on eibach springs with KW2 shocks-coilovers ?! I'm asking about it because I've also already run on eibach springs but with stock(original) shocks - this config works pretty good. The stock shocks have started to get tired, so I'm thinking to change their in a short time. For now in my opinion I have two options : to stay with eibach spring with new set of Bilstein Sport shocks , or move to KW2 full set. KW2 set costs about 2200$ , set of four (front -rear ) Bilstein Sport shocks - about 700$.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so ..you're saying that instead of to run on KW springs from the KW2 set (as I remember you installed the set) you're running on eibach springs with KW2 shocks-coilovers ?! I'm asking about it because I've also already run on eibach springs but with stock(original) shocks - this config works pretty good. The stock shocks have started to get tired, so I'm thinking to change their in a short time. For now in my opinion I have two options : to stay with eibach spring with new set of Bilstein Sport shocks , or move to KW2 full set. KW2 set costs about 2200$ , set of four (front -rear ) Bilstein Sport shocks - about 700$.
Yes, basically all I want is adjustable shocks with adjustable spring perches. Unfortunately KW is the only company that provides a (decent) bolt on application. The KW springs are mushy progressive springs. Eventually I'd like to have a set of bilsteins with custom tabs welded on for Volvo application

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes, basically all I want is adjustable shocks with adjustable spring perches. Unfortunately KW is the only company that provides a (decent) bolt on application. The KW springs are mushy progressive springs. Eventually I'd like to have a set of bilsteins with custom tabs welded on for Volvo application

I really appreciate for your opinion, you made my life easier :))) now I exactly know what I'm going to do :)))

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts