SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy! My dealer told me today that my Inscription is on the "Love" boat headed for Baltimore (and hurricane Jaquin:eek: ). Scheduled at the dealer around October 10th.

My question and favor from those who recently took delivery is: What is your recommended Check List when you pick up our new vehicle? Does your experience dictate asking certain questions or looking for certain things particular to the XC90?

I know about the screen protector and the notice about the November software update and Apple Play.What else should we make sure to look for?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Have them show you the metal keys in both remotes.....I saw a post that had one missing that was not noticed until after the delivery....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have them show you a reliable way to open the trunk using a sweep of your feet under the rear bumper. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it only works for me about 50% of the time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Have them show you a reliable way to open the trunk using a sweep of your feet under the rear bumper. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it only works for me about 50% of the time.

From: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ion%92s-Thread

"- With the help of forum members, finally I can open the tailgate with my foot
1. Kick forward right under /below the left sensor on bumper
2. left-right-left"

It took me sometime to learn the trick but now it works perfect. In fact, even step 1 is enough: forward and backward. No need for step 2.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
541 Posts
From: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ion%92s-Thread

"- With the help of forum members, finally I can open the tailgate with my foot
1. Kick forward right under /below the left sensor on bumper
2. left-right-left"

It took me sometime to learn the trick but now it works perfect. In fact, even step 1 is enough: forward and backward. No need for step 2.
Thank you as well. I shall try that as soon as I get back my car. It is currently getting the Opticoat treatment :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum.

Thanks for sharing.
My XC90 Inscription is on the "Vessel: TITANIA" headed for Baltimore (ETA 10/10/2015). Here is the check list I prepared when pick up my new XC90:

Screen protector
November software update and Apple Play
Confirm metal keys in both remotes (2 regular key fobs and 1 key tag ?)
Delivery miles
Make sure rear small window is tinted
No scratch on the leather seat
Discuss extended warranty options

Anything else I am missing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts