SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: CHECK ENGINE Malfunction Indicator Light came on and car stalled (Lotus99)

This sounds really familiar...my 08 XC70 had the check engine light come on and stay on (no stalling out thought). To fix the problem the dealership had to install the software for a T6, wipe it off and then re-install the software for a regular XC70.

They also replaced the fuel pump, fuel tank, and something in the evap system at the same time. When I spoke to the service manager he indicated that because the software was buggy it had cause the problems in the evap system which led to the fuel pump/fuel tank issues...

Good luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: CHECK ENGINE Malfunction Indicator Light came on and car stalled (Lotus99)

Check engine light came on twice but the car never stalled out. First time round a sticky value in the evap system was blamed and replaced (think this was at 1200 miles). Second time was when they ripped the car apart looking for the problem but they couldn't find anything as the car wasn't throwing back any codes, which is weird - right? I was told that there were known issues with the fuel tanks/evap system that could cause the check engine light to trigger. Anyway they called Volvo Tech line (I believe that's what they called it) who suggested the software install fix (This was at 2000 miles).

Have you had many electronic/functional issues with the car? My 08 XC70 had so many electronic problems that Volvo eventually called it a lemon and replaced it with a new 09(picked it up two weeks ago). It could be the dealership were hyper sensitive to those issues hence the reason for all the work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.