SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CE light on an '01 S60 2.4T. I have the codes and suspect it is the gas cap. Codes say small leak and gross leak.<p>How can I turn off the CE light and clear the codes to see if they come back?<br>If they do come back I will buy new gas cap and look around at hoses.<p>Can I disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour and clear codes?<p>The owners manual does not mention radio code. Does that mean there is none?<p>Thanks,<br>Maya Gold<br>S60 2.4T, IPD chipped<br>

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Check Engine Lite on S60 (Maya Gold)

If you had the codes read, you could've had them cleared at the same time which would probably be the best thing to do. Unplugging the battery does it too but it's not the best option. And to answer your other question, there are no radio codes for the newer cars. It should start right up, if not, you'd just have to use your key to lock and unlock your driver door.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: Check Engine Lite on S60 (Maya Gold)

just disconnect the battery for 10 min.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Check Engine Lite on S60 (Piglet)

Piglet:<br>Had them read at Autozone. Tech said he could not turn off the CE light.<br>I did not ask about clearing the codes, because I expected that all cleared at once.<p>Why do you say disconnecting the battery is not the best method?<br>Bat probably needs service anyway.<br>Owners Manual says just let the car sit for a bit before disconnecting the bat at replacement time so that everything is stored. I just hope that my IPD ECU is not reset in some fashion.<p>Maya Gold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts