SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I have been having trouble with a code that says I have a fuel system leak or something like that. I had a complete diagnostic done at the 90,000 mile service (3,500 miles ago) and they found nothing. I had already replaced the gas cap. In speaking with the mechanic it may be something as simple as tightening the gas cap too much that could set off the code. I have tried to tighten the gas cap only to one click and I thought I had it cured. The light has been off for a month or so. Last night it came back on. I am totally guessing that it is the same code, but the car drives the same with no problems other than the light being on.

I was not driving hard. I have been trying not to do that either. The light came on last night while I was stopped at a signal. The other times it has not come on during hard driving, but rather when stopped or when cruising at highway speeds.

Has anyone else had problems with this? Is this a common problem? I seem to remember that someone on one of these forums made a comment that this is a common occurence. Any help.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've had my check engine light on now for the last 2 weeks. Came on one night while I was driving home (not hard driving) and been on since. I asked the dealer and he said not to worry and to schedule an appointment in a few weeks to have the light turned off. He suspected either an improperly closed gas cap, which I doubt as I haven't altered any of my "gas cap" habits lately, or an overheated oxygen sensor/overheated cats. I have no idea what it is, have no interest in buying the check engine light tool (as most of the time it is emissions related), and have no problem driving the car with the light on.

Let me know how you make out.

Tony P.

98 V70 T5M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts