SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody elses check engine light come on way too much. I take it to the dealer and when they check it out they say it is because of the gas tank cap is not being closed properly, but i always make sure to close it all the way until it clicks several times.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what year is yours? and how many miles do you have on it? which dealer are you working with? when you take it in with this probelm, is it showing any codes when they scan it? if yes, what are they?<P>i met one lady whose 2000 had the same problem, and had had many different things replaced under warranty, to no avail. they're supposed to have made some software changes for '01 that allegedly alleviated this,...<P><BR>cheers!<BR>e<BR><P>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car is a 2000 and i got it in Berkeley at Mc Kevitt. I have about 20,000 miles on it but this has been hapening for a while. I make sure to click the gas cap 5-10 times when closing it. They never tell me what codes come up just that it is because of the gas cap not being fully closed, but that does not seem possible to me. I am kinda getting sick of taking it to the dealer all the time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mulishadan wrote: "My car is a 2000 and i got it in Berkeley at Mc Kevitt."<P>are you dealing with Kelly (the shop foreman)there? if that doesn't work, you could try the other McKevitt shop in Oakland, and talk with the shop foreman there; Brett. he seemed pretty sharp,...<P>the lady that i met with the 2000 had had most of her fuel system replaced looking for the cause of her problem; to no avail,... if you need to get in touch with someone in the Factory Tech tier, let me know, and i'll get you an address,...<P>keep us posted!<P><BR>cheers!<BR>e<P><BR>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine did that on and off for the first year. After 3 trips to the dealer the finally replaced some valve or regulator or something. It's been fixed now for 3 months.<P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts