SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I had my 05 s60 for a couple months and the other day I got a message for engine system service required along with a check engine light. After I start the car the rpms drop and sputters and stalls sometimes. Others it don't stall just sputters a bit, I rev a little to keep going pop in drive and runs fine and idled good at stops. So far it does not happen all the time. A couple weeks ago I did put on a cone filter don't know if that woulda affected anything. Oh yeah and on the way home from work this morning I stoped by advanced auto to put on their obd2 and it said no codes detected. Any suggestions. Anybody have Dice in sarasota area or vicinity. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
501 Posts
My 05 S60 T5 did the something similar (periodically RPMS would drop at idle causing the car sputter, although it never stalled out) after I dropped in a K&N. I replaced the MAF and the problems went away, so I chalked it up to the oil from the filter contaminating the MAF. Without a code there could be a number of things that cause those symptoms so hopefully someone with VIDA/DICE can help you, or you can continue driving and try a universal code reader after another drive cycle. Also you could bring it to your local Volvo dealerships since they are supposed to offer "service for life" which includes free diagnostic code reading, although I am not sure of all the details.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks if they will check for free I might have to go down there. And if there's oil on the mac could a cleaning take care of that or could I disconnect maf to see if thatswll work.
Maybe ill give autozone a shot first.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Okay thanks if they will check for free I might have to go down there. And if there's oil on the mac could a cleaning take care of that or could I disconnect maf to see if thatswll work.
Maybe ill give autozone a shot first.
I tried cleaning mine but it didn't work, only a replacement did. But a can of maf cleaner is 8 bucks, a new maf is 100-160 depending on what engine you have, and where you buy it so it is probably worth a shot, and autozone does free obdII reading so you might as well have them check for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that was crazy, after a week of driving with cel on, and not having time to go anywhere else to try and pull a code, the light went off and I no longer have any symptoms. I think I'm gonna blame it on cheap gas. I hope that's all it was, I suppose time will tell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that was crazy, after a week of driving with cel on, and not having time to go anywhere else to try and pull a code, the light went off and I no longer have any symptoms. I think I'm gonna blame it on cheap gas. I hope that's all it was, I suppose time will tell.
Well that didn't last long it came back on grrrrrr

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a month of driving with no light or problems with the gas above 1/4 tank, 93, it did it again @ 3/4 tank grrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts