SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on last week. I filled it up the previous day. I tightened the gas cap when the light came on and light remained on. The engine runs great so when I got home I disconnected the battery. The check engine light went away and never came back after I reconnected the bat. Two questions: where can I read the error code from? and did I erase the code by disconnecting the bat. Its been over a week now and nothing. Thanks. Carl

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: check engine light (carlflug)

If the gas cap was indeed not clicked on 3 clicks and is now, the CEL will not come back.\

You obviously need a code reader to read your codes.

Not knowing what car you have,
I have no way of telling you where to plug in!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: check engine light (JRL)

three clicks? i know i clicked it once or twice but not thrice. didnt know anything past the first click did anything.

code reader, i was afraid of that. why didnt they make it accessable from the panel display, all kinds of info there. oh yeah the model is 2001 xc70.

i downloaded what the fault codes are, now i just need to find out which one it is. i really dont think this thing is going to come back though.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: check engine light (carlflug)

Quote, originally posted by carlflug »
oh yeah the model is 2001 xc70.

i downloaded what the fault codes are, now i just need to find out which one it is.

Huh?? If there is more than one code than post them all here so we can see what's going on.

Quote, originally posted by carlflug »
i really dont think this thing is going to come back though.
What's going to come back??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.