SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back, I posted an issue about my check engine light. It happened to come on after I got gas one day so I thought it might be a loose gas cap (as I encountered once on my BMW). Many here agreed but I'm sad to report it's not the issue.<p>Now, a few weeks later, the light still comes on but I noticed that it ONLY comes on when the parking brake is engaged. This sounds odd to me but hopefully somebody can tell me why?<p>Thanks-<br>Brian (not2blu)<br>06 S60R<br>08 X5 4.8i

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: Check engine light- revisited (not2blu)

Has the Dealer done an ECM Software Upgrade?<br>There is a TNN on false codes from the Evaporative System Diagnostic Pump.<br>The remedy is a software upgrade which takes into account the wear on the diagnostic pump.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Check engine light- revisited (Oceans60R)

The dealer hasn't done any computer work on the car in over a year that I know of. They also don't like me telling them what I find out on these forums. My 3-year warranty expired on Friday but I have the 7-year 100k mile extended coverage I got from Yannis. I wonder if I'll still have to pay to have this checked out by a dealer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a similar 3rd party warranty. I had to pay for all diagnostic work because I could not prove specifically what was failing.... warranty did cover the parts and labor AFTER we knew what it was, which took about $200=\

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (imageomega)

Thanks.<p>Nothing seems to be wrong with the car- drives the same as ever. So I think I'll leave it as-is unitl the next scheduled service.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (not2blu)

Everyone should have an OBD tool - that would answer your questions when the CEL comes on. Real simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts