SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so some of you may have heard of this issue were if the gas cap isnt on tight enough the check engine light comes on. Well I have been driving this car for 3 years now and filling the gas tank through all of it. I have been driving enough years and with enough cars to know how to tighten a gas cap. All of a sudden my check engine light comes on and the dealership tells me to try tightening the gas cap. I do what they say, remove it and put it back on, and sure enough in two days it goes off. Then it goes on again, I didnt even touch the gas cap, it goes on. So I try again, retighten in the same fashion, I make sure it clicks, doesnt seem that hard, and in two days the light goes off. It came on again and turned off in two days, I did fill up in that interum, but I am screwing the gas cap on plenty tight. Whats going on here. I took it to the dealership, but the light was off by the time I got there, so they couldnt check the code, and they checked the rubber seal and said it was fine. Whats the problem, why is this happening, why does it happen at all. I dont get it, it seems really silly.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Check Engine light problem (pj's 850)

(a little off topic)<br>Did you get your new head-unit installed and working good? Got any pictures of it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Check Engine light problem (Kaizai)

Hehe, I dont mind this, I like talking car audio. Well yes and no. I did get the new headunit installed and working flawlessy, but I do not have pics up yet. I will soon, I just need to borrow the camera back again. The Denon is clearly the best sounding headunit I have ever heard or used, its simply awsome. I still stand by that no car audio eqiupment has yet matched the best available in Home Audio, but this thing is damn close. Its funny, everything that turns people away from this headunit is what makes it more practical than the others. It has a super simple low tech display, basicly an LCD like is used by Volvo on the gauge cluster, and guess what, It doesnt wash out in the sun. Those Organic EL and VFL displays look cool as can be, but they wash out in the sun making them unreadable. This simple display is readable in every condition I have expereinced, no problems at all. It sounds great, doesnt skip, matches the car well, and its controls are easy to navigate. I have been so busy redoing the system and its setup that I havent had time to take new pics, but I will. When I update the site I will post here the link so people can look at the changes, well those that care too. I have my new suspension on now too, so I have to post new outside pics, too bad its snowing now-cant enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts