SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 2 weeks ago I had my lambda check engine light come on, and I borrowed my friend's OBDII reader which gave me a P0107 code, which is "Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Low Input".

I did some research and found potential symptoms to be:

-Hard to start
-Long cranking times
-Sputtering/missing
-Blowing black smoke
-Poor fuel economy
-Dies intermittently
-Poor engine performance

And I have none of these issues... The car has been running great. Has anybody else had this code before and could share some insight?

Another issue I've been having is loss of coolant. Goes from the max to min line in about 3-4 weeks, sometimes faster. The problem started about a year ago when the heater core was replaced, I could always smell coolant when the heat was turned on, and the coolant seemed to leave an opaque film on the inside of all the windows. This soon became a non-issue as it became warmer and I didn't use the heat anymore, but this winter it's back. The smell is gone, but the never-ending film on the inside of windshield isn't. I'll wipe an area clean one day and within 2 days it'll be back to where it was before.

I checked all the hoses and there seem to be 2 that are a bit wet. Whether or not it's coolant I'm not sure. I'll see if I can post photos to make it easier to define which hoses they are. One is the hard black hose that goes from the right of the engine block over top of the engine cover and down the backside. The other is right around the oil dipstick, and is about 1/2 inch diameter.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same barometric pressure code pop up suddenly with no real symptoms. The solution that I found was to quite literally hit/jiggle the sensors connector (on my 1998 V 70 XC, its the wiring connector right in front of the windshield washer fill tube) and then clear the code. I have not had the code come back and its been over 6 months since I did this, your mileage may vary with this however lol.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had any symptoms except for one time after starting it up on Friday night, there was a sort of increasing and decreasing hum/vibration throughout the car... Oh and yesterday it was idling at 1100rpm on startup instead of 950-1000.

Was it the connector right between the hood latch mechanism and the windshield washer tube? I just took a look and there's about 4 identical connectors in that corner of the engine bay... But that one is a different colour from the rest. Did you disconnect it? Or simply jiggle the bejeezus out of it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts