SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 XC90 had the check engine light turn on last week. Out of the blue, haven’t gotten gas just before or since. Light was on for about 2 days but everything about the car drove normally. The light turned back off after a few days and hasn’t come back. Do I need to take it to the dealer or should I wait to see if it comes back on again?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine comes on any time the air suspension has a hiccup.

In the extreme cold this can happen often.
Sometimes I notice the message telling me suspension service needed, but then if it works a minute later the suspension service message goes away and the check engine light stays on for some period of time and clears again.

But only way to know for sure is connect to the diagnostic port and pull the code history off the computer.
Dealer can do it, or you can buy the tools and sign up for the subscription for diagnostics to DIY.

·
Registered
431 Posts
What CEL? If it looks like the outline of an engine then it is emissions. If it looks like an oil container it is oil pressure. There are multiple symbol indicators. I have an emissions light on my XC60 that comes on sporadically but usually goes away after I make an appointment. It came on again yesterday in fact... and has been in multiple times for it but they have never been able to tell me what it is.

·
Registered
431 Posts
And after leaving work this morning my emissions light has gone out. I didn't even have to call the dealer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts