SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about possible sources of problem with my 2004 V70R. <p>Check engine light comes on periodically and stays on for 2 days before going out. Had a mechanic plug in the computer and a misfire code comes up. Going to take it back to the mechanic to get specs on the which codes come up, but want to know what to expect. Possibly a bad coil, cylinder, or could be something about a recall having to do with a faulty Fuel Pressure Sensor. (Also, had the plugs replaced recently.) <p>Anything else I need or can consider?<p>Thanks in advance.<p>

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light-Misfire-Possible Problems (04v70r)

My guess is on a coil that is going out / bad... Though it wouldn't hurt to pull the plugs and do a little visual inspection while you are in there... If you didn't use Volvo plugs I would change them... but if you can locate and identify a faulty coil change that and test it if the plugs worked for a little while without problems.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Fuel Rail Sensor (pressure sensor, same thing)<p>Bout $200. I chased this phantom for months. Its a recalled part, high failure rate. I only ever got a cyl1 misfire code.<p>Of course, try swapping a coil first.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: Check Engine Light-Misfire-Possible Problems (04v70r)

Bad gas? How long has this been occurring? Try a bottle of isopropyl drygas and changing gas stations for a tank or two.<p>Tom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts