SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
CELs won't leave a notification on any vehicle screens, from my experience, you need to get it hooked up to a comp to tell you the cause. You can do this at either a shop, Autozone, Pepboys, etc.. Or dealer.. I recently had one for a bad sensor in the engine, but I got it looked at through the dealer under warranty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Model?

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
You can have an auto parts store to read the OBDII code for this, or get a Bluetooth OBDII reader and read with an app on phone.

It could be something like fuel cap/neck sealing or other stuff (hybrid coolant thermostat on a T8, for example).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cars with real gas caps the most likely cause is the gas cap not tight.

With this capless system it could just be a piece of grit on the gasket. Worth a try. Clean the gasket and close the lid. You will need to start and run the car 3 times IIRC before the fault will clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T8

I have one of those. See attached. Googled the first code. Defective battery thermostat?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
T8

I have one of those. See attached. Googled the first code. Defective battery thermostat?

Yes almost sure. They have updated parts. Just bring it in.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
T8

Yup, that’s what mine was throwing. Welcome to the club. Easy fix for the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine was on, they had to replace an o2 sensor. Took several days for them to figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts