SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

The other day, I had the check engine light come back. Followed the same process, scheduled to take the car back to the dealership the next day. Between the time I got the check engine light and the time I took it to the dealership, I had turned the car off 3 times. I think on the fourth time you start the car, the computer resets. At least that is all I can think by the light went away. That morning when I drove it to work, the light was present. None the less, when I started my car for the journey back to the dealership, the light was gone. The dealership was pretty good about it, they said they would take a look at it in more to see what is going on.

I explained to them this is the 3rd time I am getting the check engine light. I also when to explain, each time the engine light came on there were specific actions.

first time: I accelerated very fast to pass a car and to beat a light.
second time: I went over a hill pretty fast, where you feel like your weightless when you cross the tip of the hill and you go down.
third time: I made an aggressive u-turn. Thing about an wide intersection in a housing community, I made a u-turn within that intersection.

Not sure if these actions are the true culprit, but that is the only things that stand out. Has anyone experienced the same?

The other question I had, when you guys turn on your AC, not heat, but cool air and the compressor kicks in, do you hear a groaning noise that goes in and out coming from the compressor, meaning it is not constant. I know the XC60 is defintely not the same car, but when I have been given that as a loaner, the AC is quiet. All you can hear is the fan that blows the air.

·
Registered
487 Posts
first time: I accelerated very fast to past a car and to beat a light.
second time: I went over a hill pretty first, where you feel like your weightless when you cross the tip of the hill and you go down.
third time: I made an aggressive u-turn. Thing about an wide intersection in a housing community, I made a u-turn within that intersection.
In scenario 1. Sensus sent BOTH a warning and a reminder that you are driving a SUV (and a VOLVO SUV)- Safety and safe driver etiquette is built into Sensus. Strike 1
In scenario 2. Sensus determined that you were attempting to "air it out" and sent you a check engine message, sort of like a "time-out" for bad behavior. Strike 2
In scenario 3. Sensus said 3 strikes and your out. Go to the dealer, return XC90 immediately and place deposit on 2017 S90 Wagon or seek american made convertible 2 door

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Proof that Volvo has won over some BMW drivers?....;)

Ok, ok, enough from the peanut gallery. I'll zip it now. Good luck on finding an answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts