SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 2007 V50 to the auto zone and had them hook up the computer because the check engine light came on. all 5 cylinders were misfiring because the system was too lean and it said large vacuum leak. The guy said that the most likely cause of the fuel system being too lean was a fuel filter that needs replacing. He said that he didnt have any idea about the vacuum leak. anyone with experience with these cars have any experience with these problems? as far as running too lean I figured maybe a new fuel filter and maybe new injectors but honestly i dont know enough to be guessing like that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
What were the actual codes that they gave you? I'm betting it was running lean because of the vacuum leak. Do you have the 2.5 motor? Details details details. The more details you can provide, the more we'll be able to help.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I doubt the fuel filter is causing a lean condition. I would look at a vacuum diagram and trace everything and find what's broken.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
I love Autozone diagnostics. :rolleyes:
Agreed.

If you have a large vacuum leak, start there....because that's also likely causing your lean condition (ingesting unmetered air...).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you use Original OEM Volvo and none of that 'oil-coated' ones such as K&N, those things LOVES codes.
Again, what are the fault codes????
no oil coated. I have been using a Mann air cleaner. I'll take a picture of the code print out and post it when I get back to my car. I work on an ambulance so I'm away from the house for days at a time

·
Registered
459 Posts
The car was running poorly at some point ? The most common cause of a lean code on your car is a air leak in the oil trap box, Thats the box that the oil filter goes into. The pcv system is all integrated into that box. Also check the hose coming off the top of that oil trap, They break sometimes. Possible mass airflow sensor but thats fairly uncommon on this vehicle. Theres not very many places for external air leaks on this engine, Meaning things like broken vacuum lines. All the above advice should be disregarded if you value your time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts