SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T5 is showing P0455 - Evaporative emissions control system leak detected - gross leak. Came on this morning.<p>I searched and found one thread on here that suggested gas cap (I'm near the bottom of the tank though, and I always go 5-6 clicks). Other suggestions were purge valve and a cracked canister line.<p>Any advice on the purge and canister line thing, or other suggestions? Does the gas cap thing happen at any point during the tank, or mostly soon after fill up?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Filler up and click it again...see if the code disappears in about 50-100 miles. If not, then check for leaking hoses and the purge valve (about $20)...it's the one with the purple line coming into it just at the top of the radiator on the driver's side (may be different on your car- it being a '99). It has a white air-lock attached right before it. If that doesn't work, then we're talking more stuff, like the purge canister, which is below the car, closer to the gas tank.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm due to fill up today, and will check under the hood as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CEL went away, must have been the gas cap :|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts