SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Volvo v50 2.4i 170,000 miles has been getting really bad gas mileage and I have a check engine code p0172. I was gonna kind ignore this code because I've ready replaced the fuel pressure sensor and the intake control solenoid which weren't cheap. But I really need to fix this problem now that I've got some money to do it with. I don't know much about engines but I really am willing to learn because taking a Volvo to a shop I'll know they'll rob me. Can someone tell me step by step to find a fix. Also it would be helpful if you could show me pictures or tell how those parts look like. I'm sorry that I don't know much but it's my first car.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
your PCV has a leak in it. it needs to be replaced. Volvo covers it under extended warranty up until 194000 KM so i'm not sure what it is for miles. call your local dealersihp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your PCV has a leak in it. it needs to be replaced. Volvo covers it under extended warranty up until 194000 KM so i'm not sure what it is for miles. call your local dealersihp
This car is way over any warranty. How do I replace it myself? And how do I make sure it's that part that's leaking?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
This car is way over any warranty. How do I replace it myself? And how do I make sure it's that part that's leaking?

Check the sticky section and use the search bar there are tons of threads on this issue with answer to question you will be asking later, just do some research then come back with any specific questions you have.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
This place has all the knowledge you need! Check the sticky section and see how you make out. I had a P0172 issue once and it was my fuel pressure sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright thanks for all your help. I'll probably just try to save up so I can take it to a shop. How much do you think it will cost to fix that check engine code?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts