SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post by R_Kelly who said partsforvolvoonline.com has it for $829 but when I checked it was $975.

Who has the cheapest PPC available?

Matt

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: Cheapest Source for BSR PPC? (phuz)

That includes VAT. Subtract 17.5% from $975 and add shipping to get Kelly's stated price.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha.
wtf is VAT anyway?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Value Added Tax. It a consumption tax, similar to sales tax but it applies to consumption of the goods in the UK so you don't pay it if you don't purchase and/or consume the goods there.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

VAT applies in almost every European Union country, although it varies in amount from country to country. It is 16% here in Germany, and 25% in Sweden (why ordering from certain European Volvo Tuners if VERY cost prohibitive if you live in the EU). The catch is, you have to pay it if they deliver the parts to a EU address.

It is why my friend had his PPC shipped to his APO address. Had to go from the UK, to New York, back to UK and then to Germany, took an extra 2 weeks, but saved $150.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

It is why my friend had his PPC shipped to his APO address. Had to go from the UK, to New York, back to UK and then to Germany, took an extra 2 weeks, but saved $150.

So how's your friend liking the BSR tune so far?

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow...that is a raping percentage!
i'm fine with my 6% pa tax

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (IwantaS60R)

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »
So how's your friend liking the BSR tune so far?

Oh, he just thinks it is the shiznit, I'm so jealous. It is so smooth down low, wouldn't even know anything was done, until you get to 2500 rpm, then its like, hmmm, there is something different...
at 3000 rpm, you are like, wow, it wants to go... and at 4000, its scary fast.

5th gear is like how 3rd gear was, pulls HARD all the way to 145mph.

What is weird, is on the autobahn with cruise control on at 80mph, he was actually getting better gas mileage with PPC.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Oh, he just thinks it is the shiznit, I'm so jealous. It is so smooth down low, wouldn't even know anything was done, until you get to 2500 rpm, then its like, hmmm, there is something different...
at 3000 rpm, you are like, wow, it wants to go... and at 4000, its scary fast.

5th gear is like how 3rd gear was, pulls HARD all the way to 145mph.

What is weird, is on the autobahn with cruise control on at 80mph, he was actually getting better gas mileage with PPC.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Man, it seems that Inga has been parked and you guys are driving together alot. Almost seems that you guys are joined at the hip or something

If I make it to Germany in June (World Cup) I'll look you guys up to feel it for myself.

Modified by IwantaS60R at 5:06 PM 3-15-2006

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (IwantaS60R)

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »
Man, it seems that Inga has been parked and you guys are driving together alot. Almost seems that you guys are joined at the hip or something

Just because we are spending a lot of time together, riding and driving in his car, you don't have to make it sound gay. I mean, the car is doing 13.3s at 107 mph, and 0-60 in 4.77, can you blame me.

Looks like I'm moving to Florida in June, so may not be here. But there will still be about 40 R owners in this part of Germany... Hopefully Bryan and Jesse will keep the R Gang going.

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was his 13.3 with only the PPC upgrade?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
was his 13.3 with only the PPC upgrade?

No, he has CAI, BMC air filter, SvR DP, Jetex exhaust and was running on Wintersport M3s which are great for launching, they break loose a little.

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts

I always got better gas mileage from my TT when the APR program was running than when it was disabled. Go figure.

-Eric

·
Registered
779 Posts

Nope, Jesse won't be here so it's up to Bryan to keep the R-gang together which may be a challenge. I'm moving to San Antonio in June http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif .

I'll be kicking and screaming all the way to the airport

·
Registered
343 Posts

If he ordered a Ppc from an EU country other than Germany to an apo address in Germany then it went country X international postal rate to NY direct to USPS and Frankfurt apo to apo. this avoids any VAT , which Kelly stated can be like 16-25 % however this is only cost effective for small items. PPCs , but not exhaust or down pipes and by NO means oversized parts such as bumpers etc. better off paying the VAT, and NOT having an oversized item shipped to the US on that countries international rates when truck freight to germany would be cheaper. depends on part. small PPC, OK, oversized items forget it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts