SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to make this work on an 04 SR? I know the factory ones are different between 04 and 05+. But does anyone know if I could mount this?
http://r.ebay.com/YZ5W7r

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think this one is made for the V70R isn't it? I know they are a little different.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea it says so. What is the difference between the SR and VR rear valence?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think it might be the length. I am not exactly sure, but I have heard of people trying to put the SR rear valence on a VR and it not fitting.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I think it might be the length. I am not exactly sure, but I have heard of people trying to put the SR rear valence on a VR and it not fitting.

Yep, it doesn't fit. Brett tried it, and he had to do a lot of custom fabricating. The V70 rear bumper is 1.5inches longer and about 2 inches wider.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-an-S60R-One&p=2481778&viewfull=1#post2481778

He also tackled the side skirts and went creative to fill the gap with a mudflap. Seems to work well, but I would have went a different approach to somehow extend them.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Would it be possible to make this work on an 04 SR? I know the factory ones are different between 04 and 05+. But does anyone know if I could mount this?
http://r.ebay.com/YZ5W7r

That won't work for your 2004 S60R. That piece is specifically for the 2005-2007 V70 bumper.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I just bit the bullet and got the one from Viva.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I'm going to go that route. Was just hoping lol

·
Registered
587 Posts
That won't work for your 2004 S60R. That piece is specifically for the 2005-2007 V70 bumper.
The eBay listing says 04-07, but I tend to think you are correct, as the 05+ rear bumpers are obviously different. But could it fit an 04?? I've thought about this one myself, but refrained from buying it out of fear I might end up with a $125 piece of fiberglass I can't use if it doesn't..

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The eBay listing says 04-07, but I tend to think you are correct, as the 05+ rear bumpers are obviously different. But could it fit an 04?? I've thought about this one myself, but refrained from buying it out of fear I might end up with a $125 piece of fiberglass I can't use if it doesn't..
The Ebay listing is correct, 4th quarter of 2004 was the calendar year the refreshed S60/V70 was released (as MY2005 models in North America), so technically they go by real calendar date(and this is the case for Europeans) and not by Model Years.

Unfortunately, No it does not fit in any possible way to an 2004 with the black unpainted mouldings. Completely different mounting and application between the 2 bumpers. Look similar, but the size and mounting construction is entirely different. So yes, you'll end up with $125 worth of fiberglass unless you get the 05-07 bumper cover and brackets too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts