SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found any cheap seat covers that look halfway decent in the S40? The passenger's seat in mine has an ugly stain where it looks like someone's coke spilled and never got cleaned up. I haven't yet been able to get it respectable with normal cleaning agents and elbow grease. I may one day get new skins, but in the meantime I'd like to just cover the seats. I have seen I need to get airbag compatible covers due to the side impact bags.

Alternatively, advice on what other Volvo seats will fit my 2005 S40 T5 w/ powered and heated seats would be appreciated in case I can find some decent ones at a junk yard and or CL.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Anyone found any cheap seat covers that look halfway decent in the S40? The passenger's seat in mine has an ugly stain where it looks like someone's coke spilled and never got cleaned up. I haven't yet been able to get it respectable with normal cleaning agents and elbow grease. I may one day get new skins, but in the meantime I'd like to just cover the seats. I have seen I need to get airbag compatible covers due to the side impact bags.

Alternatively, advice on what other Volvo seats will fit my 2005 S40 T5 w/ powered and heated seats would be appreciated in case I can find some decent ones at a junk yard and or CL.
If you want cheap, go to Walmart. If you can spend a few hundred buck, want quality, and a beautiful seat cover then go here: https://www.topcar-athens.com/product/volvo_front_and_rear_leatherette___synthetic_custom_car_seat_covers

I have these on my S60 and they look fantastic and have held up well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you want cheap, go to Walmart. If you can spend a few hundred buck, want quality, and a beautiful seat cover then go here: https://www.topcar-athens.com/product/volvo_front_and_rear_leatherette___synthetic_custom_car_seat_covers

Thanks, yeah, I've seen those but this car needs to prove to me it is worth that kind of investment. She and I are off to a bad start w/ a $400 key and waterlogged floors in my first week of ownership. If I still have her in a year, I will invest in good seats.

And thanks for letting me know you like those covers. I will keep that in mind as I ponder my options.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you tried a steam cleaner on the seat ? I used one on mine that looked like a civil war bandage and they came our really nice

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i / 2007 C70 T5
1,111 Posts
Will the seat covers interfere with the SIPS airbags in case of deployment?? I think they will, and that would be a safety hazard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will the seat covers interfere with the SIPS airbags in case of deployment?? I think they will, and that would be a safety hazard.

Some are designed to be compatible (ie, tear away) with SIPS airbags. I agree, they need to have that feature too.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts

The ones I listed WILL NOT. They are SIPS compatible and are custom made for our specific Volvo Model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Any chance you can post a pic of them installed in your car? I'd like to see how they look in a "real" setting. I may just put off the $400 key and get a set of those. If I delete the alarm, I can probably live with my dead fob.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Any chance you can post a pic of them installed in your car? I'd like to see how they look in a "real" setting. I may just put off the $400 key and get a set of those. If I delete the alarm, I can probably live with my dead fob.
https://www.topcar-athens.com/product/volvo_front_and_rear_leatherette___synthetic_custom_car_seat_covers

Check out photos of the seat covers (front and rear) on an S60. My covers have held up well over past 2.5 years. Only gripe is the elastic ties they use fray very easily. So be gentle on the headrest covers.

And if you have ANY problem, TopCarAthens stands behind their product 100%. The armrest cover for my rear seat was made incorrectly. They asked for photos and then created a new one for me that fits perfectly.

I'd give the company A+ on customer service. And an "A" for how well these things have lasted. FYI: These are made in Geece.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
1,026 Posts
For the front seats, replacing with ones from a C30 or V50 will work as well (a P1 C70 should too, but they're much harder to find in a self-pull junkyard). There's an '05 V50 near you at the Winston-Salem Pull-a-Part. If you decide to go this route, shoot me a PM and I can walk you through it -- replaced the entire cloth interior of my S40 with leather upgrades from jys. Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you unplug any wiring connected to your SRS, or you'll get the dreaded ABS light that won't go away without DiCE/higher-end Volvo-compatible OBD II scanners or a trip to the dealer.

If you just want a cheap cover for now, I think I still have a pair of skins in my garage that fit over the S40 front seats and don't interfere with the airbags. Can send them to you if I can find them.

BD

'06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '11 XC90 V8 AWD, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 854T, '05 S60 2.5T FWD, & '04 XC90 2.5T AWD R.I.P.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts