Well, I picked up some used Recaros a couple of months back that were from a VW GTI (black vinyl with gray cloth inserts) and removeable tracks (that last part is important). <P>I was told Recaro tracks are pricey. Like $300, but I was told a couple of weeks ago that the 240 seat base can be modified to fit an aftermarket seat like a Corbeau or a Sparco, so feasibly it might not be that tough.<P>Well this morning I pulled the driver's seat and pulled the base from that. I also got the upper base piece off (no turning back now) to try to maintain the height adjustment.<P>To attach to the seat, I got some extruded aluminum at a 90 degree angle at Lowe's. I drilled it first to fit the upper base, and placed the base in the car, with the Recaro on top.<P>In the lowest height setting, it was too high. So I dropped the upper base piece and attached the aluminum to the bottom base piece. I've now lost height adjustment, but it looks like it'll fit and work. I'll know tomorrow when I pick up some 8mm bolts to fix the seats to the new aluminum brackets.<P>I'll be doing a more detailed writeup for Project 245, but I want to note that I have NO crash test experience with this and hope to never have crash test experience with it. Still, do this at your own risk.