SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car popped that message up twice within an hour, car drove like it was in advanced mode until I shut the car off and restarted. What causes this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
This has never been searched before, NEVER. :)

Now that we got that outta the way, check your accelerometers, wheel sensor thingers (they're attacehd to struts), it's possible one is bent out of whack or the wiring is pinched/damaged for one of them.. If not that, how old is your battery?

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It could be so many things. Like bumpin said, get it checked with VIDA first. You'll save a lot of time and money if you do.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yep, I've also started to get random "Chassis Settings Service Required" messages.
When I'm back from the states - I'll do a visual inspection on the struts, accelerometers, wires etc.

But I think it's finally time to buy a DICE unit.
(the dealer here charges $300 to connect and read codes!)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I used to get the warning message sporadically along with traction control or dstc failure messages, the dealer replaced the throttle position sensor (IIRC) and I haven't had the issue since

·
Registered
305 Posts
my 04 Vr gave this error shortly after the ignition switch was replaced, it also has a bad DEM. Tech swapped out SAS and suspension module and the car accepts calibration for both but still has the suspension settings disabled message and doesnt ride well at all.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I'll have my local euro shop check out the codes. Luckily, they do it for free because they're awesome.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My "Chassis Service Required" error code has finally been traced to a faulty sensor on my right front 4C strut. Looks like it's getting closer to the time for new KW v2 Coil-Overs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just got that message on wifes '04 while I was out of town. She also said her floor was soaked at the same time

Dealer said sunroof drains were clogged and water fried her suspension control module.
$700 part/$700 labor. I wasn't home to deal with it so I had no choice but to suck it up-

Oh, and they wanted $600 to remove and dry carpet. No thanks, I'll let some heavy towelling and evaporation do that

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it hooked up today. Does this mean I've got to replace the strut? I'm guessing that's the one that's bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can check the wire and plug of 4C strut first. It may causes from bad connect only. If this issue still happens after you clean the plug, it may be fix via replace the strut.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can check the wire and plug of 4C strut first. It may causes from bad connect only. If this issue still happens after you clean the plug, it may be fix via replace the strut.
It's pretty intermittent. It doesn't happen every time I drive the car, so IDK. I'll check though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ya I got that message along with something about traction settings off as well.

Been like that for a year now. Does affect my car, except I do notice AWD sometimes deactivates. FWD only for a few miles.

Mine almost always happens when I park and have the wheels turned to the right. Once I return and turn the key I get those messages. They go away after 2 drives.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Got it hooked up today. Does this mean I've got to replace the strut? I'm guessing that's the one that's bad.

Yup. I got the same code yesterday for the same side of the car. There is a solenoid inside the strut. Once that fails it will cause that code. The strut will have to be replaced.
I need to replace mine as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts