SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today out of of the blue my car was making this strange noise. It seemed to be coming from behind the dash and it was a high pitched "squeaky" sound. It only happened when the car was in motion and it got more frequent as I drove home. I went out later and upon starting the car I received my "Chassis warning" alert " Service required"...Squeaky sound was gone and my Active Chassis '4C' buttons are no longer lit. <p>What is the deal?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: *Chassis setting Service required* (pafox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>pafox</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>What is the deal?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Sounds like a dealer trip. Never heard of the squeaky noise. <p>The chassis service warning and no 4C lights are common when something is wrong with the system....like whey you pull the accelerometer.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: *Chassis setting Service required* (needsdecaf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>needsdecaf</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Sounds like a dealer trip. Never heard of the squeaky noise. <p>The chassis service warning and no 4C lights are common when something is wrong with the system....like whey you pull the accelerometer. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yeah..I've done that so I've seen the message before but what a weird coincidence...the noise and the alert...

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: *Chassis setting Service required* (pafox)

Ohh, I started getting the 4C warning a week before I shipped it, why I ran with 4C off on the last trip to the ring. Picked up the car a couple of days a go, still getting the message intermittently, but had the left rear tire bottom out, bang loudly then make HORRIBLE groaning noises today. I was able to switch to comfort from sport, erased the 4C warning and the groaning stopped. <p>Very wierd, I just won't have time to get to a volvo dealer till next week...

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: *Chassis setting Service required* ("R" Kelly)

Maybe a broken or bad sensor. Dealer broke my rear sensor off when they installed the springs...same semptoms...

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: *Chassis setting Service required* ("R" Kelly)

Weird observation kelly...watch your head lights next time that happens... they head south when the a sensor fails on the 4C system. Hard telling during the day, but at night, it is easy to tell between a sensor or something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts