SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: Chassis lube (iontrap)

<p>I have never seen a vehicle with them. <p>Probably some on the steering linkage though.

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
stop going to jiffy lube <p><br>LOL

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Most all late model cars have what are called "lubed for life" sealed suspension and steering components, where the "life" is the life of the component--not the car.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>dmd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never seen a vehicle with them. <p>Probably some on the steering linkage though.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>FWIW older domestic body-on-frame cars and trucks (especially those with a SLA front suspension which usually employs an upper and a lower balljoint at each front wheel plus recirculating ball steering which usually employs four tie rod ends, a pitman arm and an idler arm) will typically sport grease fittings on their suspension and steering components--components which the typical unibody with its MacPherson front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering tends to lack.<br>

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Chilled Man</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stop going to jiffy lube <p>LOL </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Show me a car that has a lube point on the chassis other than a 18 wheeler. None of my trucks (F350's)<br>have zerk fittings other than the steering components. Havenet seen one on the car either (xc90)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: (dmd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>dmd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Show me a car that has a lube point on the chassis other than a 18 wheeler. None of my trucks (F350's)<br>have zerk fittings other than the steering components. Havenet seen one on the car either (xc90)</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Look at any 88 to 08 Chevy 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. Upper/lower ball joints, outer and inner tie rods, pitman and idler arms and front and rear driveshaft UJ's all have grease fittings on them,........ yes, from the factory! F350's have the solid front axle, as do the Dodge 4wd's so fittings would probably not be used on them,.........although imho they should be!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: (Chris Hays)

<p>That isnt on the chassis, that is the draglinks and steering parts s specified in the email you replied to.. Havent seen a zerk on a ball joint in a long time unless they started adding them after 2003 or so. Chevy may be different on that but my '90 Chevy didnt have them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Taco has 7-8 fittings on the drive shaft and u-joints. Other then that on some 4x4s, they wont have anything. All bearings, and bushings are sealed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (aburchell44)

The 4Runner I had before getting my XC90 had a few grease fittings. I just want to make sure the XC didn't have any that I needed to be concerned about.

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
nah the only thing you can grease is the door spots and I think thats a once every 10yr deal if that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts