SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so when I got home, I decided to see what sort of interface the navigation module had so I could somehow have a video out for my iPhone. I unbolted the navigation module and realized that the job would be hard since it's not regular plugs. So I put everything back... Well, I just turned the car on and I have that dreaded message. I checked fuse #17 and it's ok. I'm getting really scared right about now. I know I screwed something up while bolting everything back. Anyone have any ideas on where I can start the search for problems?

This black box was just dangling and I decided to bolt it down. What is this thing?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
That's an Accelerometer isn't it? Anyone know where it's supposed to be bolted to? I did disconnect it to see what it was *Facepalm*. I probably need a SUM recal. Time to bend over for the dealer.

*Update*

Went outside, turned the accelerometer over and woala. No more message.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
That's an Accelerometer isn't it? Anyone know where it's supposed to be bolted to? I did disconnect it to see what it was *Facepalm*. I probably need a SUM recal. Time to bend over for the dealer.

*Update*

Went outside, turned the accelerometer over and woala. No more message.
Nice going! If you need a SUM recal in the future, let me know ;)

Where is that located?
There is one behind each side panel in the trunk. The accelerometers are a critical input to the SUM and essential for proper 4-C operation.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think I need a SUM recal? I mean as long as it's mounted the same direction that it was, it's ok right?

I took back roads on the way into school today and advanced mode seemed normal.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Do you think I need a SUM recal? I mean as long as it's mounted the same direction that it was, it's ok right?

I took back roads on the way into school today and advanced mode seemed normal.
You are fine, no reason for the Recal. The Recal is only needed when there's a new 4C component or adjustment to ride height.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts