SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the size of the charge air pipe's O-ring, messed it up and now I need a new one, hoping I can find a replacement at a local hardware or auto store.

Car only holds 5psi of boost after my FMIC install, and all my connections are very very tight, there's some melted rubber on the turbocharger top oil line so right now I'm 99% certain I somehow broke the charge pipe O-ring.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Volvo p/n- 983891

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
hmm.. I would probably try to get it from the dealer or internet.. I don't ever recall anything like that oring at the hardware store.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem is I have a 4 hour drive to make tomorrow, intercooler connections are strong and it should be fine, just that damn O-ring and AC recharge is all that's needed.

The closest dealer is half an hour away, but I guess it's a sacrifice I can make.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Seems like everything goes wrong when you're trying to get all this work done before a big trip.. Happened to me so many times.. made so many mistakes rushing it... Hopefully no more issues for you.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, I knew this sort of thing would happen. I can limp it home if I have to, or leave it in Indy and come back next weekend, so it's not a huge problem, but damn it I want it to work and I want it right now!!

Sometimes I feel like I'm 5 again...

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Go to harbor freight and buy a box of o rings for cheap. All different sizes. I wouldn't leave it in there for ever but untill you can get a nice one this will work.

·
Registered
876 Posts
OD - 52mm x Width - 4mm

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OD - 52mm x Width - 4mm

Greatly appreciated!

Got a new O-ring, installed a missing clamp on a coupler (yeah don't laugh, always double and triple check kids), and will be taking her for a hard drive in a little bit. Hope it works!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts