SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06/27/2010

Granite State Chapter of the VCOA held their first meet/business meeting.

It was held in conjunction with the Sunapee Lions Club Car Show in Newbury, NH.

I want to thank all the members who came. It was great to see everyone and their beautiful Volvo’s. We had 9 Volvo's in attendence with 17 members and family members and also a few members who joined us as spectators.

For those members who did not make it—you missed a terrific event!

Periods of clouds and periods of sunshine made for a very pleasant day. You could not ask for a better setting. An all make and all year car show at the beautiful Lake Sunapee Resort. We had our Volvos to enjoy and all the other collector cars to enjoy, the scenery and even a ski lift ride to the top of the mountain. What an enjoyable day.

We did get to conduct our business meeting indoors in privacy and took care of our pressing agenda.

The day was so enjoyable that the chapter decided to make this meet/car show, held each year on the last Sunday in June, our annual Summer Meet.

We are also looking to put together a meet for September. We are going try to have it somewhere close to the center of the state.

I want to thank Dale Sanborn for becoming our Vice President. I look forward to working closely with Dale to coordinate our next meet.

I urge all members, if it is at all possible, please try to attend out next event.

Bob Iozia

President

Granite State Chapter

VCOA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi George

it was indeed a good show!
Photos...Hmm...I'll have to see if any of the members got any good photos.
My wife was shooting pics all day. But in photography her tastes run rather eclectic.
She has about 45 pics from the show...mostly hood ornaments and grilles from the
20's and 30's....and not one photo of a Volvo. LOL.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts