SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had an idea. <br>Is it possible to move the "back-piece" of the driver's seat to the passenger seat, and passenger's seat to the driver's seat? I know the bolster adjustment would end up on the outside-side then, but is that even possible? I'm thinking about doing it but need to know if that could be done. <p>Thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I swapped out the bottom seat leather from side to side on my other car pretty easily. Now the driver's side doesn't have the wear marks! Take your seats out and take a look to see if it's the same piece is my best advice.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Re: (kmagnuss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>kmagnuss</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I swapped out the bottom seat leather from side to side on my other car pretty easily. Now the driver's side doesn't have the wear marks! Take your seats out and take a look to see if it's the same piece is my best advice.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Does the side of our seats have side airbag in the bolster? If it does..... that wouldn't work.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chinaonnitrous1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Does the side of our seats have side airbag in the bolster? If it does..... that wouldn't work.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Correct the side airbag is attached to the outer side of the seat back. <br>So could a switch be done, yes. Would the airbag system function correctly, no.<p>I've had a couple seats apart but its been awhile. I know you won't be able to mount the side impact airbags with the lumbar knob on the outside. Other than that, I think you could switch the seatbacks but it would take some time and patience.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: (Oceans60R)

How involved was it to swap those bottoms?? I'm on my second driver's seat, but there is already some wear on the edge of it again. Was thinking I could throw it over to the other side as well...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (jrgoffin)

Its a lot easier to swap the bottom leathers than seat back leather.<br>Just have a good set of hog ring pliers and about 40 hog rings.<br>And when the seats are out do not turn the ignition key on or be cursed with going to the dealer to reset your SRS light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts