SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience changing their flights after they've been booked? We see up our OSD trip for Oct 3-14 with our departure city being Detroit (where we live). Since then, some major personal things have happened and we'll be moving to Minnesota for a new job starting Sep 23rd.

I know that we can get ourselves between Detroit and MSP on our own if need be, but I'm curious as to how flexible Volvo Travel is on changing the travel plans. I plan on calling them today to see what they can do, but if anyone else has had this happen, what did you end up doing?

·
Registered
89 Posts
They have a date where bookings can no longer be changed. As I recall, it was a month after I had booked travel. I actually had the date moved up because I did too many changes...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anyone have experience changing their flights after they've been booked? We see up our OSD trip for Oct 3-14 with our departure city being Detroit (where we live). Since then, some major personal things have happened and we'll be moving to Minnesota for a new job starting Sep 23rd.

I know that we can get ourselves between Detroit and MSP on our own if need be, but I'm curious as to how flexible Volvo Travel is on changing the travel plans. I plan on calling them today to see what they can do, but if anyone else has had this happen, what did you end up doing?
When we order our car (April 2019) we were told first week in August was our delivery and the car they sold the day before got that week. Great, before school starts. So 3 weeks later when Volvo finally approved our order and had us in late september it was a surprise. It took a lot of back and forth and the ultimately would not change it. When we finally gave up and finalized/booked the travel we had to buy our 2yo a ticket (vs lap before). Then about a month ago they said they had an opening in early Aug, if we wanted to take it. They then told us it would be $600 EACH to change the tickets. Even though they wanted to move us (to free an overbooked September day) they would not use any of their swing to get us moved for free. So might be best to call the airline yourself or just book your own flight to your original origination airport.

·
Registered
28 Posts

My personal experience with CorpTrav was rather poor/unimpressive. They are not responsive or accommodating. Volvo on the other hand is. Ask you selling dealer/salesperson to lobby on your behalf. Reach out to the OSD manager directly. I am sure they can absorb the change fees. Especially since you did not get your desired delivery date. Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts