SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my license plate lights is out. What tool do I need, and what bulb? (The parts store can likely tell me the bulb, shouldnt cost more than $5. But what tool? Can I get it with normal screwdriver? Thanks!)

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
You'll need a T25 torx driver. You remove two screws, the plastic cover comes off and there's the bulb. Takes a minute to do

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
It's a Torx 15 not Torx 25 ;)

And be careful not to strip them.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
:D Touche Will I couldn't remember what size I used, since I changed about 15 other things on my car the same time!

·
Registered
605 Posts
To the OP, if you don't have them now, I suggest you buy them if you want to wrench on your Volvo
Torx drivers, torx sockets, torx wrenches, etc
Sometimes you even need external(female) torx sockets.
Infact, to remove the ABS module you will need an (external) E5 torx socket,
Which if you go thru Midwest-ABS.com, they will send one with your module

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
:D Touche Will I couldn't remember what size I used, since I changed about 15 other things on my car the same time!
I would never have remembered that either but I did a ton of these kinds of maintenance items on a 2000 XC over the summer. And I will echo the statement above about buying torx drivers, a set of metric sockets and a few ratcheting wrenches to work on these Volvos. A set of long (and high quality so they don't strip the bolts) hex wrenches also help in a few places such as the prop shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts