SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of our OSD car on Monday (it was fantastic taking the second delivery). Everything had been reset from European units to US, with the exception of the digital display in the center of the speedometer (i.e. KMH to MPH, Celsius to Fehrenheit, ...). I've looked everywhere for instructions on how to change this the digital display to MPH. Does anyone know how this is done?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you go to the instrument panel controls (right side of steering wheel) and in trip label, scroll down you will see a tourist entry, one is for km, the other for miles, select the one for miles.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If you go to the instrument panel controls (right side of steering wheel) and in trip label, scroll down you will see a tourist entry, one is for km, the other for miles, select the one for miles.

There's also a section in settings-my car-something where you can set the units of measurement for everything. My tps for instance came set to readout in (euro I assume) units.

Also not to rtfm you but there is a digital manual in sensus if there's other settings you can't find. Of course some aren't there at all like driver profiles. There's so much going on in the car that I check the manual regularly for stuff I can't figure out- I drove for a month without knowing how to fold my mirrors in.

Of course this forum is also more knowledgable than Volvo themselves so it's a great reference as well.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - tried both the manuals and the settings and got everything set except for the display in the center of the speedo. Man - there is a learning curve on this stuff.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes - changes the speedo, but not the digital display in the center of the speedo (simulated) dial - correct?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winner winner chicken dinner. Thanks. I had searched high and low for this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oh weird. I just double checked mine- if the tourist setting isn't selected at all, the metric/us/imperial changes everything in the speedo, center included.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It appears that little check box makes all the difference. 😊

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
What's the point of that thing anyway? It's literally just a separate function that controls the same thing? I think the idea is if you cross borders or in a situation where a European was driving an American car and wanted to have familiar units of measure right? But isn't that what the setting accessed through the menu does anyway? Weird that one supersedes the other.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
What's the point of that thing anyway? It's literally just a separate function that controls the same thing? I think the idea is if you cross borders or in a situation where a European was driving an American car and wanted to have familiar units of measure right? But isn't that what the setting accessed through the menu does anyway? Weird that one supersedes the other.
I think the designer may think it convenient to change the unit of trip meter and temperature for short time across country (tourist setting), without needing to change the global setting. Maybe useful for some. Glad it doesn't do such change based on GPS position. :)

Software is so flexible and can be over engineered easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts