SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the factory installed Ipod connector in my 2007 V70 and it is fine and dandy. I was wondering if it is an easy switch to swap it out for the Imiv unit. Is the cabling the same ( so that I dont have to swap the cable that goes into my armrest). The only reason I have for doing this is to add the song display function on the head unit.<p>Thanks<p>Dan

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Changing from factory IPod controller to Imiv (satdan)

Dan, both use the mulbus connector at the HU, so that cable may be reusable.<br>The other cable (ipod cable) may not be the same though.<br> <br>Are you sure you want to switch units? The text function on the iMIV works as advertised, but is limited by the HU functionality. i.e. If you skip forward a track or playlist then the text goes away and you have to press a button on the HU to see it again. <p>If you want to see one in action before investing all that install time, feel free to drop by and test the functionality in my car first (I'm in Milton and work in TO).<p>Rob<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by ss60 at 10:52 AM 6-24-2009</i>

·
Registered
448 Posts
Re: Changing from factory IPod controller to Imiv (ss60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ss60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The text function on the iMIV works as advertised, but is limited by the HU functionality. i.e. If you skip forward a track or playlist then the text goes away and you have to press a button on the HU to see it again. <br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>This is true when using MDC channel (HUxx3 models) for iPod. However when using SAT (HUx5x models), the text remains visible when changing tracks.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Changing from factory IPod controller to Imiv (satdan)

It should be easy then.<br>-take off panels<br>-unplug the Volvo adapter from the Melbus cable.<br>-plug iMIV into melbus cable.<br>-plug ipod cable into imiv<br>-supply power to imiv<br>-connect ipod<br>-test<br>-reassemble all the panels and trim in car<p>*see the link in my signature for panel removal pictures

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
If I recall correctly, a y-splitter can be purchased so both the aux input AND the iMIV unit can be plugged into the back of the unit. The only question is if they would function with each other on the same port.<p>I don't know if the HU-650 has it or not, but you'll also lose the option of turning the aux volume up or down internally in the head unit with the iMIV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts