SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just got a new set of foglights in and want to change them out. I was wondering what the best way to do it was. Is it possible to change them without taking off the bumper?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yes, but it will be a pain. I recommend removing the bumper to do the install as it only takes about 15 minutes to pull off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
<a href="http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?149933-How-To-change-foglamp-and-headlamp-bulbs.-Tons-of-photos-including-difference-between-OE-and-2500K-5000K-and-6000K.">Clicky the linky</a>

That is a thread with all of the information you will need. Just be warned, it is not easy, and your knuckles will very likely be scraped.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<a href="http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?149933-How-To-change-foglamp-and-headlamp-bulbs.-Tons-of-photos-including-difference-between-OE-and-2500K-5000K-and-6000K.">Clicky the linky</a>

That is a thread with all of the information you will need. Just be warned, it is not easy, and your knuckles will very likely be scraped.
Thanks, it finished with just bulbs. I want to change the whole assemblies.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I agree, the driver side is easy enough to take off, but the passenger side is a bitch. I took my bumper off but had issues taking the black cover off on the fog light. I think its the worse design ever! It definitely a challenge getting the black cap on and off without the entire unit twisting and breaking the clips...you'll see what I mean when you get in there...gl

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I agree, the driver side is easy enough to take off, but the passenger side is a bitch. I took my bumper off but had issues taking the black cover off on the fog light. I think its the worse design ever! It definitely a challenge getting the black cap on and off without the entire unit twisting and breaking the clips...you'll see what I mean when you get in there...gl
I can confirm that. I broke, I mean my buddy broke my left fog light housing -__-

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
This is what it looks like inside the bumper.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can confirm that. I broke, I mean my buddy broke my left fog light housing -__-

I broke the small clips holding the housing together. I tried soldering it back together and used up all my soder to brake it when I put it all back together (was pretty pissed). I ended up using RTV silicon to hold it all together, but then I realized the bulb was blown when I re-installed it...FML! So now I have to order another HID bulb and redo the entire process again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PRetty much i bought brand new assemblies. The whole fog light plus new bracket. So shouldn't be hard to take the whole light out?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I did it with out removing the bumper.
The left side is easy.
The right side is a little tough tho but still achievable.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Im a newb with the volvo's and i got my bumper off in less then 10 minutes. Its a lot easier then my A6.
I had to because i couldn't get the back cover off the fogs to change the bulbs. That was a PITA.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was very surprised how easy the bumper was to take off! Thanks guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts