SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I look at VIDA for changing the ATF, picture 4 shows what looks like two buttons being pressed in.
What is this? The same picture is shown later in the sequence.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think you are referring to the photo in the link below. Personally, I would just do 3 successive drain and fills if you're looking to "flush" the transmission. The method shown here is removing the cooler lines in order to pull and replenish fluid out of the car under its own power. If you're doing drain and fills, those steps are not needed. Just start off by removing the airbox and loosening the fill plug to make sure that it'll actually come off. Then go underneath the car and remove the splash shield. Then you'll remove the inner torx screw on the main drain plug and then the drain plug itself. You can either measure the amount of fluid that comes out and replenish that amount or refill with 4 quarts/liters and follow the fluid check procedure. I would also replace the rubber o-ring on the torx screw before you put it back on for the last time to prevent a leak.
https://workshop-manuals.com/volvo/...transmission_fluid_and_the_filter/page_10760/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure how to do that. Attachments are not allowed, only URLs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got it. My key slot and start button have a different configuration but I get it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts