SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MY2002 S/V40 will end production during Wk20 (which is some time in the end of May 2002).

When the bew 2003 S/V40 goes into production, it will receive both standard equipment upgrades and significant option package mods. The planned port release is scheduled for sometime in late June.

Standard equipment upgradees include: a new grille, key-integrated remote, four-dial intrument cluster, three-spoke steering wheel, more horsepower (!), new front headrests, standard in-dash CD player and new upholstery/exterior colors.

The optional packages have been significantly simplified and have been reduced to Sport Package, Premium Package & Cold Weather Package. The upgraded packages are the Sport and Premium.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Yeah, it looks like the 40-series will finally get the wheels it deserves in the U.S...

Crater 7x16

-Drew
Good work, Drew...I had forgotten the name of this alloy...it has been on the other side of the pond since 1998. I hear that they will offer this one as part of the Sport Package.

Yannis

·
Registered
69 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Here is a sneak peak of what the 03' cars will look like:

-Drew

gee, those first pics look almost exactly like my '01 S40 SE, what with the Titanium Grey, black-bezel headlights, and the lower front air dam with the (overly delicate!) piano-black inserts... it's hard to tell from the side pic above, but if those are chrome door handles, that's just *wrong*. although in this following pic, they're clearly black; i wonder if that's just a 'package thing'?

one of the first things i had to do to my SE was to get rid of the fugly stock pseudo-chrome grille; that cheesy looking 'chromed' plastic piece of garbage looks completely out of place with the black bezel headlights (although i think it looks somewhat better on cars with the standard headlights). IMHO it looks considerably more in character with a black mesh sport grille with a color-matched bezel. apparently Volvo decided it still needs the 'chromy' bezel (a la S60.

and to think that i had been trying to figure out the best way to get the 'slash' logo on my grille; now i'm glad i haven't finished the project; it would look too much like a new stocker!

odd how much those Crater wheels look like 16 spoke versions of the 10-spoke 16" BBS RKs that the dealer had slapped on my car when i went to pick it up; the dealer was going to "give me the set for just a few hundred bucks", but i made them take them off before i would accept delivery of the car. (on top of everything, they were mounted with 225s, which rubbed.. doh!)
if i can find a set of the Craters at fair price, i might consider updating my "old" '01 SE with those,...

cheers!
e

·
Registered
353 Posts
The front end on the last car (with the XC type grill) looks absolutely bada$$. i think that if they can get 16's with that grill, more power and a manual transmission (yeah right) we'd be in business.
Oh well, here's to dreaming.

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
a manual transmission (yeah right) Oh well, here's to dreaming.

Well, at least you can dream!

Wait till MY2004 for the manual transmission.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
quote:

Originally posted by volvo5spd:
So how many ponies is the '03 S40 slated to get?

Don't know, yet, exactly...My guess is it will probably be a slight increase...168 or 170.

Yannis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.