SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked through the menus and manual but can't find any way to change the speed readout to metric for driving in canada. all i found was to change map distance and fuel mileage etc. Is it possible to change the speed readout in the V60?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I looked through the menus and manual but can't find any way to change the speed readout to metric for driving in canada. all i found was to change map distance and fuel mileage etc. Is it possible to change the speed readout in the V60?
Which instrument panel do you have?
If the old (analog), speed in km/hr is an extra display you bring up by rotating the wheel on the left stalk
If the new (Digital) I don't know but imagine you do that not from Sensus but also one of the stalks since that is where you can change the theme and all dash options.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check car settings.. But you can put KMH in the lower right corner on the new Displays by turning the knob on the left I think to setting 2.

·
Registered
265 Posts
OK in the manual :

Go to -

MY CAR - >
Settings - >
System Options - >
Distance and Fuel Units - >

Change to KM/H etc..

Should now be KM/H on the speedo..

Advise.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's what i read earlier in the manual but that does not change the speedometer, however i did move the knob on the left stalk as you said and it does change the small numbers readout and one of those is kmph

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It doesn't work on the new cars, at least not on the P*'s. We went through this on the P* forums. It says you can do it in the manual, but there is no actual function in the car for it. You can only change Distance and Fuel in Sensus too.

This is the part of the manual...

I doubt anyone needs this part but just in case...

·
Registered
265 Posts
There has to be a way to change it.. Maybe dealer tool? Only reason I say this is I highly doubt they make 2 separate dash units for NA and Euro markets..

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
There has to be a way to change it.. Maybe dealer tool? Only reason I say this is I highly doubt they make 2 separate dash units for NA and Euro markets..
Yes, a complete DIM software download. You will have to pay for it. You will not be able to switch back and forth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.