SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to change the instrument/dials to LED ones on my 2004 (yes it was avaiable in europe in early 2004) V50?
If so does anyone know what bulbs are used?
Also will I be able to use the dimmer with these installed.

Thanks
SC

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I'm pretty sure they were LED from the start (since 2004) and soldered to the circuit boards.

there was a guy that replaced all the green ones with blue LEDs, but it was a sh!tload of work. I'll see if I can find pics.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yup I remember that. Made me say F that! Iw ould rather swap an engine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well it's not that hard to get to them actually, the dash lights are already LEDs soldered to the DIM, but things like the light switch use incandescent bulbs (at least on the pre-facelift). I replaced my light switch recently after installing front fogs, the lights that came with the new one were yellow (or the coating just worn) and the original bulbs failed upon changing, as they would of course :facepalm:

Dealer had replacements, they look rather funky but I wouldn't for the life of me know what they're called. Cost $5 a piece though :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So even on a 2004 car the bulbs are already LED?
They seem to dim to be LEDs I don't mind replacing them I love fiddly soldering jobs.
Does anyone know what LEDs I need to order and can I change the colour?

Thanks
SC

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
There was a whole thread on it... trying to find it. But he had photos and even part numbers for the SMD LEDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts