SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2006 S40 2.4i . I have to change the Control arms at both sides at front, and the left front axle shaft. I heard the Lemforder is the original brand. However, I could not find the correct models for my car. It seems they do not have those parts for S40. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
A quick search only shows Lemforder available for 1st gen S40. I suspect FoMoCo uses a different supplier.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Where are you located? If in the US, IPD has arms as does FCP Euro. I got mine from FCP Euro which were made by Febi/Bilstein. The bushings and ball joints look better than the originals from 2005.

By they way, make sure you get the right control arms based on your VIN. I believe 2006 was a cross-over year. The later ones have a thicker ball joint shaft.
Stan

·
Registered
238 Posts
Where are you located? If in the US, IPD has arms as does FCP Euro. I got mine from FCP Euro which were made by Febi/Bilstein. The bushings and ball joints look better than the originals from 2005.

By they way, make sure you get the right control arms based on your VIN. I believe 2006 was a cross-over year. The later ones have a thicker ball joint shaft.
Stan
This is true. I just ordered mine from IPD...and you don't have to be located in the US. Of course, I am military and they ship to my APO, but they also ship to other countries. I will be replacing both sides when they arrive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Deeza from Rockauto. Lemforder are FOMOCO same as Ford Motor Company, same as ATE. Deeza control arms are great. Don't buy Raybestos, the bushings wear out quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts