SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ViVA Performance is excited to introduce the CFE CANBus Function Extender to the US Market! The CANBus Function Extender Kit (CFE) allows you to enhance the functionality and driving pleasure of your "older" model Volvo by activating additional functions currently available on the newer Volvo models.

How Does it Work?

Your Volvo communicates with a lot of electronic units located throughout the car using a digital network, called the CANBus network (for example, the window switches instruct the window motors to open/close through the CANBus network, etc.) Using the CFE Kit, you'll get a CFE unit (Hardware) and connection cable (Cable) that will connect the CFE unit to your Volvo's CANBus network, so that you can modify functions built into the CANBus network. Best of all, the CFE Kit is 100% plug and play, requiring NO hardware splicing or other modifications!

To select the CANBus network functions you'd like to activate in your Volvo, you must first download and install software on your PC (see the Troubleshooting & Support section below) and connect the CFE unit to your PC using the provided USB computer cable. The PC software will allow you to select and configure different functions that will be added to your Volvo using the CFE unit. Once the CFE unit is connected to the car, the newly configured functions are all available in your Volvo!

The CFE Kit manufacturer has agreed to set a US retail price of $339.99 USD, which offers costs savings compared to importing a kit from Europe.

Group Buy Pricing Details:

ViVA Performance is excited to offer a Group Buy Discount!

Up to 20 orders: 15% off retail price
21 - 40 orders: 20% off retail price
41 - 70 orders: 25% off retail price
71 or more orders: 25% off retail price and free shipping!

To receive the GB pricing, place an order through the following link no later than January 22, 2013. All orders will be shipped out on January 24th 2013.

GB Confirmed List (first name, order number):
1. Keoni, #6416
2. Alan, #6425
3. Chris, #6451
4. Andrew, #6458
5. Jeff, #6471
6. Logan, #6473
7. Steve, #6483
8. Matt, #6491
9. James, #6493
10. Rick, #6501
11. Oscar, #6502
12. John, #6510
13. Ron, #6520
14. David, #6521
15. David, #6536
16. James, #6544
17. Doru, #6545
18. Joshua, #6555
19. Antonio, #6557
20. Vincent, #6561
21. Ben, #6563
22. Andrew, #6565

Product Ordering: http://www.vivaperformance.com/canbus-function-extender-kit-cfe/

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But seriously what does it do, I just want to know why I want to buy it. Need to justify it!
Simply put, it allows you to do the following:

Automatically unlock all doors when the driver's door is opened
Retract electronic side mirrors at door lock
Extend electronic side mirrors at door unlock
Side mirror down-angling when in reverse
Close sunroof at door lock
Open sunroof at door unlock
Gauge sweep at ignition on
Mute radio when car is in reverse
Enable instrument cluster welcome / goodbye messages
Instrument cluster message customization
Close windows at door lock
Open windows at door unlock
Add extra wipe stroke of windshield wipers when using washer fluid
Customize the turn signal "soft touch" blink rate
Enable DRLs
Enable fog lights with hi-beams
Turn on all exterior lights with "Follow me home" feature
Auto activate heated seats when car starts
Interval wiper function

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy it directly? Assuming their Europe price included VAT of 20% which won't apply to us, it should only be about $225 plus shipping from Europe.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy it directly? Assuming their Europe price included VAT of 20% which won't apply to us, it should only be about $225 plus shipping from Europe.
Comes to $325 shipped directly from the VolvoTech site...

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you were to import it yourself, the 215.00€ price does not include 20% VAT, nor does it include shipping costs (about 75€, based on how much it has cost the manufacturer to ship to North America). You'd also have import duties and customs fees. You're looking at 290€, which is about $382 USD at today's Fx rate.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
If you were to import it yourself, the 215.00€ price does not include 20% VAT, nor does it include shipping costs (about 75€, based on how much it has cost the manufacturer to ship to North America). You'd also have import duties and customs fees. You're looking at 290€, which is about $382 USD at today's Fx rate.
George, I love spending money with you and I'm sure you enjoy selling things to me, but that doesn't appear to be correct. When I went to checkout on the Volvotech site, it knocked the price down to 177 euro after I chose my address in the US with 67 euro shipping, which translates to roughly $325 USD based on today's rate.

I mean hey, it's going to be cheaper through you with the 15% off, but you might want to just call that the retail price, tomato tohmato

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I'm in but have a question for Crazyace

I have a Lazar interceptor and A Sti radar that both have USB cables to hook up to a computer. With the addition of the CANBus that would be 3 plus a USB port on my dash. Can I use a USB hub to connect all of them ?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yes it does, that's a legal requirement in the EU.

When I log into the site it takes the VAT off and makes the price 177€. And shipping is 67€.

I'll still go for the group buy, just wanted the truth to be out there.

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
I'm in but have a question for Crazyace

I have a Lazar interceptor and A Sti radar that both have USB cables to hook up to a computer. With the addition of the CANBus that would be 3 plus a USB port on my dash. Can I use a USB hub to connect all of them ?
Yes I'm throwing in a USB hub in the near future for a few things up front

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts

When I log into the site it takes the VAT off and makes the price 177€. And shipping is 67€.

At least it hassle free purchase. Someone trusted vs the unknowns out there :)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
At least it hassle free purchase. Someone trusted vs the unknowns out there :)
Pretty sure buying it directly from Volvotech.nl is hassle free too, and if it is $325 vs VIVA's $359 then at regular price it makes more sense to get it directly.
But, seeing as the group buy price could end up being less, there is a bit a deal there, but not a lot.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
George, I love spending money with you and I'm sure you enjoy selling things to me, but that doesn't appear to be correct. When I went to checkout on the Volvotech site, it knocked the price down to 177 euro after I chose my address in the US with 67 euro shipping, which translates to roughly $325 USD based on today's rate.

I mean hey, it's going to be cheaper through you with the 15% off, but you might want to just call that the retail price, tomato tohmato
See below

I appreciate the feedback. I'll follow-up with Team VolvoTech then, because their conditions of use does seem confusing:

Article 2 Price of articles:
2.1 All articles offered by AV-Tech.Net are free of obligations. We keep the right to change the prices of articles or to stop selling it.
2.2 The prices in the webshop are in Euro.
2.3 Prices are exclusive VAT, cost of shipment, other Services like build-in and costs for payment.
2.4 Offers are valid till the day of expiration.
2.5 AV-Tech.Net is not responsible for all eventually extra cost of customs and other cost if the order is sent to another country as the Netherlands. The customer has to pay those cost. If there is any extra cost, the level of that cost is depending the country and the import rules of the customs. The final order page will show the total order sum, including VAT and Shipping.
The GB discounts have been approved by the manufacturer, so we'll still make sure that you guys get the best deal possible buying through ViVA Performance!

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pretty sure buying it directly from Volvotech.nl is hassle free too, and if it is $325 vs VIVA's $359 then at regular price it makes more sense to get it directly.
But, seeing as the group buy price could end up being less, there is a bit a deal there, but not a lot.
Appreciate the feedback. I will speak with the manufacturer to make sure that our regular retail price is competitive with ordering directly as well, even if that means we need to adjust it :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm in George! lets get our R updated! 70 people!!

1 - 20 of 562 Posts