SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
What (who) is Ceramic Pro? Fantastic job. What was treated, paint, glass, headlights/taillights, interior? What was the timeline and process if you know? Thanks.
Great job on the video, too--uh...could we get a little clearer shot of that back wall?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Very nice....would you mind sharing what you paid and where it was applied???

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you, it was done at advanced detailing located in Miami, Fl. Just outside downtown Miami. I went with the intention of having opti coat done, but after speaking to them, although they said opti coat was a fantastic product, they said Ceramic pro was a bit better. Its about a three to four day process from the application and then letting it cure. I paid 1200 bumper to bumper. I am extremely happy with the result. Theres lots of info online regarding ceramic pro. Here is some info on the link below.

http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/automotive/

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did ceramic pro on mine too, only $895 in Australia - equivalent to about USD $600 - and included full window tint (all windows). Looks great and now that I've had it for a month or so I'm delighted at how it repels water and dirt and I can wash it with a low pressure hose and a soft sponge and it comes out as new every time! No need for hard products, acids, scrubbing, high pressure hose!
I did all exterior including wheels. My installer also said it was better than OptiCoat although he worked with both and they were the same price.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi FireTT - did you get the ceramic pro only on the exterior or did that include the interior as well? From what I understand, the ceramic pro can be applied to the interior and floor mats as well. We have a ice white with blond/blond on order and this could be very useful product compared to opticoat or others.

Thank you, it was done at advanced detailing located in Miami, Fl. Just outside downtown Miami. I went with the intention of having opti coat done, but after speaking to them, although they said opti coat was a fantastic product, they said Ceramic pro was a bit better. Its about a three to four day process from the application and then letting it cure. I paid 1200 bumper to bumper. I am extremely happy with the result. Theres lots of info online regarding ceramic pro. Here is some info on the link below.

http://www.ceramicproamericas.com/automotive/

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea... I wasn't home but I think the standard is 2-3? It took them 5-6 hours
Hi Feli, I am considering Ceramic Pro and live in Australia as well. Did you do the wheel? Is it 9H or others?

Do you live in VIC? Who is the detailor if you don't mind? Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did ceramic pro on mine too, only $895 in Australia - equivalent to about USD $600 - and included full window tint (all windows). Looks great and now that I've had it for a month or so I'm delighted at how it repels water and dirt and I can wash it with a low pressure hose and a soft sponge and it comes out as new every time! No need for hard products, acids, scrubbing, high pressure hose!
I did all exterior including wheels. My installer also said it was better than OptiCoat although he worked with both and they were the same price.
Your car is FINE!!! Is this the silver color?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had Ceramic Pro applied to the painted surfaces, Ceramic Strong applied to the wheels and the glass coated as well. I've been very impressed so far. The wheels clean up very easily. I was hoping I could just hose them off to remove the brake dust/road grime but it does take rubbing. However, nothing sticks to them. They clean up nicely every time. The maintenance/cleaning of the paint is really nice. And - I absolutely love that "slick as glass" feeling. I've clay-barred my vehicles for years to get a similar feel, which must be repeated 1-2x per year to maintain it. It will be interesting to see how the CPRO wears, but to date I'm very impressed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi Feli, I am considering Ceramic Pro and live in Australia as well. Did you do the wheel? Is it 9H or others?

Do you live in VIC? Who is the detailor if you don't mind? Thanks.
Hi mate, I live in Queensland so can't help wth Vic detailed unfortunately. I used Preferred Car Care.

They did the wheels as well, yes, and it was the Ceramic Pro 9H.

The wheels are still painful to clean as this car generates a lot of brake dust, but in saying that I don't have to scrub hard at all - just water, car shampoo and a soft sponge and it all comes off - it just gets dirty a lot!

The rest of the car on the other hand seems to never get dirty anymore! I wash it and struggle to find areas that are clean vs dirty once wet! Definitely worth doing. Have you taken delivery of your car yet?

·
3,899 Posts
Coatings are well worth it, that said expect to pay atleast 1000 usd for a proper coating. It's not just coating that gives it that perfect look, a coating adds depth on what's its applied to. If the finish isn't perfect, it will magnify the imperfections. I will bet any new car will atleast need a single step correction if not a proper two step. Ceramic pro I've heard good things about but for longevity nothing beats opticoat pro, for gloss modesta is king but costs 2-3x the price easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi mate, I live in Queensland so can't help wth Vic detailed unfortunately. I used Preferred Car Care.

They did the wheels as well, yes, and it was the Ceramic Pro 9H.

The wheels are still painful to clean as this car generates a lot of brake dust, but in saying that I don't have to scrub hard at all - just water, car shampoo and a soft sponge and it all comes off - it just gets dirty a lot!

The rest of the car on the other hand seems to never get dirty anymore! I wash it and struggle to find areas that are clean vs dirty once wet! Definitely worth doing. Have you taken delivery of your car yet?

Hi Mate.
Thanks for answer.
Your car looks shiny and fabulous.
I haven't ordered mine yet, but soon. It is hard to choose between Luminous Sand or Twilight Bronze with brone leather seat.
Did you choose 21' rim? it will be for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts