SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I searched for any previous answers but didn't see anything clearly outlined.

I have a MY18 XC90 R-Design with lovely 22" wheels that are continuously getting dirty with brake dust from the original brake pads.

I had this problem with a BMW until I changed to ceramic pads - and both braking and cleaning was good from then on.

Are there any specific brake pads for the XC90 that might help here that you would recommend? Ceramic or low dust.

Thanks for any advice/tips etc.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I have the 21 inch wheels and also dislike the dust. I have tried the Stoptech equivalent to our OEM brakes in the front and back. They seem a bit better but not by a lot. They are semi metallic so of a similar composition to the OEMs. I then changed out the front to ceramic brakes and that seems to have helped. I purchased them from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Brake...ake-Pad-Front-Power-Stop-16-1865/223390563225 They were only about $35 for the fronts. They seem to work a bit better that Stoptech. I recently purchased a set of EBCDP32246C - Redstuff Ceramic Low Dust Rear Brake Pads. They are from the UK. The cost to purchase and ship to California was $84.02 for the rears. They are said to be really low dust. The equivalent to the fronts by Redstuff is around $160. I have not yet placed those on the car. I expect to do so sometime soon. I have 340mm rotors in rear and 371mm rotors in front.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
On a 6000 lb truck, I'm not switching to lower friction ceramic pads. Went with OE for the replacement this week from FCP (lifetime warranty? are you kidding? On this thing, we're going to need it)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts