SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car came with the optional detached magnet on the center speaker. I have never heard this 901 with center speaker so I decided to replace it (Thanks Jim). Got the new one in and am not really sure what to think. I know its working because I can see it moving and can hear it if I put my ear right up to it, but it seems like my door speakers are really overpowering it. Is there a level control on the center speaker? Also, it seems to hit harder on 3 channel then dolby. Is that normal?

Bottom line was I expecting too much or is my ear just really unrefined?

Gary

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
If you pull out the fader knob that's supposed to be a center channel volume control. Have you messed with that?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you pull out the fader knob that's supposed to be a center channel volume control. Have you messed with that?
I have not. I will give that a shot also. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you install OEM or another brand? Mine is starting to sound sloppy. I am also getting way to much kick and distortion from the 8" ones in doors.
Watch your three disk... I trashed my first one when we slipped two disks in one slot... I bought another unit from a scrap yard but it only likes certain record company issued CDs. Only the pristine ones.. tonight I am going to clean the lens and see if that will do it. If not I am going to "Frankenstein" parts out of the old. I tossed and turned at night deciding if I wanted to put in an Aftermarket HU but the sound of the SC-901 is so amazing I am glad I stayed with it.

2004 C70 2.3HT convertible Replaced struts, plugs, throttle body, CAT, resonator, MAF and just had the throttle flashed.... BTW the Check Engine light just came on... Thank god my son is a mechanic

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Pull that speaker adjustment knob out and turn it to the right.
There are 3 detents, the middle is about right for most usage, yours seems to be turned all the way down
BIG difference

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you install OEM or another brand? Mine is starting to sound sloppy. I am also getting way to much kick and distortion from the 8" ones in doors.
Watch your three disk... I trashed my first one when we slipped two disks in one slot... I bought another unit from a scrap yard but it only likes certain record company issued CDs. Only the pristine ones.. tonight I am going to clean the lens and see if that will do it. If not I am going to "Frankenstein" parts out of the old. I tossed and turned at night deciding if I wanted to put in an Aftermarket HU but the sound of the SC-901 is so amazing I am glad I stayed with it.

2004 C70 2.3HT convertible Replaced struts, plugs, throttle body, CAT, resonator, MAF and just had the throttle flashed.... BTW the Check Engine light just came on... Thank god my son is a mechanic
Johnny- My 901 ate two discs at once and I wias able to get them out. It was very easy and took less then 30 minutes. Didnt take anything apart either. PM me if you want details.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pull that speaker adjustment knob out and turn it to the right.
There are 3 detents, the middle is about right for most usage, yours seems to be turned all the way down
BIG difference
WIll do Jim. Thanks again. Let me know when your back feels good enough to go garage digging for parts again. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Johnny Vee their is an IPOD hock-up connector you can find on ebay that plugs into the back of the radio, That might be cheaper and easier then a aftermarket radio

·
Registered
314 Posts

I had the same issue with it not letting me play certain CDs; I used a CD cleaner that is a disc with the little brushes on it, now it plays the CDs it didn't before. Definitely worth a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts