SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2007 XC90 that came with the High Performance sound system. I have changed out all of the speakers and the amp with components from the Premium sound system, and brought it down to Volvo to have them upgrade the software to get the center speaker and surround sound features enabled. Unfortunately, they were unable to get the software update to take, so the center dash speaker is still dead.

I'd really love to get the center dash speaker working and was thinking, I'd happily sacrifice a tweeter from the rear hatch if that was possible. So what I was considering was, could I just cut the rear tweeter cable coming out of the amp and splice in the center dash speaker?

Do you think that would work? And if so, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the amp under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would suggest a local Stereo Shop nearby you. They can probably get the speaker working without software. It sounds more like an amp issue or do you have a different head unit? IIRC the center speaker is powered by the head unit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So what I was considering was, could I just cut the rear tweeter cable coming out of the amp and splice in the center dash speaker? ?

MS_XC90 (or anyone else) - Did you ever complete this project? Looking at the wiring diagrams of the 8 speaker system and the 12 speaker system linked below, and having replaced the original amplifier with one from the premium sound system along with the center channel speaker, it seems like pins 29 and 37 in the 12 speaker setup would be available on the new amp specifically for the center channel. The Center speaker wiring is already connected from factory, so what would actually be done at the stereo shop if it's not involving reloading audio software (which everyone has already established as not being available for 2007+ XC90s).

12 -Speaker Wiring

8 - Speaker Wiring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts