SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody confirm what is the size of the center channel speaker on car with RTI/NAV?

Also how do you take off the center speaker grill cover?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Center channel speaker on S60/V70R with RTI (awdnut)

The grill just prys out. Use a nylon trim removal tool.

As I recall the speaker is about 3" by 5", however my car is not here right now for me to double check.

My experience is if you listen at high levels, in any mode that makes use of the center channel, that the center speaker rattles and gives up. I suspect Volvo does not change any equalization for cars with and without nav, or if they have it, it no one thinks to implement it. Of course you can just lower the center channel level, which if you complain of distortion, that is what the dealer will do.

I have just given up and listen at lower levels, which also reduces the probability of the underseat amp giving up on the other channels due to heat. Center channel is driven from the head unit amp.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
OK the dimensions are 5 1/8" x 2 3/4 " (LxW). The speaker is a rectangular speaker and it is rated at 8 ohms. Those dimensions are from the outside of the speaker frame. The speaker itself is however an oval cone. Dimensions from the center of each screw hole to screw hole (on the rectangluar frame) are 4 1/2" x 2 3/16 (LxW).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (juve021)

Thanks guys, that is one odd dimension for speaker. I was thinking of replacing the center channel spk with somekind of better aftermarket one.

I don't really listen at high level.. It is just that on RTI vehicle the center speaker seem to have more sound coloration than the non RTI equipped car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was messing around on ebay and found a center speaker item 8067053111 is 45.00

Any info on making my s60t faster would be much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts